Donation and Sponsorship Opportunities
Thank you for considering Langley Federal Credit Union for support of your organization, cause or event. We pride ourselves in being a community-oriented organization, and support community events and organizations when possible.
Our goal is to continue to be an integral part of the communities we serve by contributing to organizations that advance the welfare of our membership. Unfortunately, we cannot always meet every request, but will carefully review each one, and consider our available resources to meet the needs of the community.
If your organization would like to request a donation or sponsorship from Langley Federal Credit Union, you must complete and submit a Donation and Sponsorship Request Form no less than two months prior to the event date. All requests are reviewed on a weekly basis, and responses are sent in writing to the organization within fifteen business days following the receipt of your completed forms.
We kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of this request, as we will respond in writing, by email and/or telephone.
- A complete Donation & Sponsorship Request form must be submitted to be eligible for consideration.
- Non-profit organizations should include proof of 501 C 3 status with their request.
- Donation/sponsorship requests will not be accepted by fax or email.
- Any letters of request included in the package must be on the organization's stationery.
Langley Federal Credit Union will consider the following in granting a charitable contribution:
- Relevancy and impact to a majority of Langley Federal Credit Union Membership.
- Fulfillment and benefit to the community at large.
- Tax exempt organizations which operate for diverse charitable, recreational, educational and general welfare needs of the community.
- Joint activities with groups or associations within our field-of-membership.
- Activities that promote the well being of credit unions.
Langley Federal Credit Union will not provide sponsorship support for:
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities.
- National organization or organizations that do not directly benefit the communities served by the Credit Union (excludes national emergencies or natural disasters).
- Social outings, parties, alumni banquets, family reunions, after-prom parties or benefit performances (special consideration will be given to businesses/organizations which are within our field-of-membership).
- For-profit organizations requesting donations for employee/associate incentives (special consideration will be given to businesses/organizations which are within our field-of-membership).
- Programs or events held outside our market unless there is a clear benefit to our members.
- Individual pursuits or interests.
- Individuals with catastrophic health or financial needs.
- Requests to cover travel costs.
- Telephone solicitations.
- Individual sport teams or sport event programs.