Annual Awards Opportunities***Shooting Stars (ages 11 through 18)
- Five $100 Share Deposits.
- One NASA Space Camp (Huntsville, AL) Scholarship.
- Four $5,000 Jean M. Yokum Scholarships (awarded to graduating high school seniors).
- Five $50 Share Deposits.
- Ten Virginia Air & Space Center Summer Science Camp Scholarships.
Where Langley kids play and learn!
The Constellation Club is a free club benefit for all youth who have a Langley Federal Credit Union savings account. As a member of the Constellation Club, you're entitled to some very cool things, including:
- Free gift with accounts opened with $100 or more
- Initial $5 deposit in Little Dipper accounts (some restrictions apply)
- Term Share Accounts (Certificates) with $100 minimums
- Credit Card **
- Debit or ATM Card **
- Checking Accounts **
- Seminars and Events
- Free admission to Virginia Air & Space Center*
- Free admission to Virginia Living Museum*
- 50% off admission to the Virginia Living Museum Planetarium*
- Free admission to Peninsula Fine Arts Center*
Frequently Asked Questions— Show all — Hide all —
Can a kid have an account at Langley FCU?
Yes! In fact, Langley has several different types of accounts. Your parents will need to request one, but you can read about them here.
Where can I learn more about money?
We have a website just for kids featuring stories and games that will teach you everything you need to know. It's youth.langleyfcu.org
* Children 14 years & younger must be accompanied by an adult. IMAX, special exhibits & educational classes at additional charge. Does not constitute membership. Card cannot be used in conjunction with group rate. To claim free admission to the Virginia Air & Space Center, please present your Constellation Club membership card, not your LFCU statement, as proof of LFCU membership. If you have lost your Constellation membership card, send us an email or call 757-827-LFCU. We'll be happy to send you a new card.
** Age 17 and under require a qualifying joint owner.
*** Constellation Club members need to have maintained a "B" average or above - or equivalent assessment - in the current school year, and have made at least one deposit each quarter during the previous calendar year. Constellation Club Accounts need a minimum annual deposit total of $50 for Little Dippers or $100 for Shooting Stars. Share Deposits and Scholarships will be awarded via mail. Employees of LFCU and their families are not eligible for Awards or Scholarships.