2017 Nominations for Board of Directors
The Nominating Committee has nominated three members to fill three vacancies on the Board of Directors. Bylaws do not permit nominations from the floor at the Annual Meeting, but additional nominations may be made by petition as follows:
- The Nominee's petition must contain the signatures and printed names of at least 1% of the membership (Membership as of 2/28/17 – 258,871).
- Nominations must be accompanied by a brief statement of qualifications, biographical data, and a signed statement from the nominee that he or she is agreeable and will serve if elected.
- To be considered, the nominee's petition must be received by the Secretary of the Credit Union, at 721 Lakefront Commons, Suite 400, Newport News, VA 23606 by close of business on March 30, 2017.
Nominees for the Board of Directors
- William E. Griffith, Jr.
- Board Member since 2008
- Board Chairman (2013 – 2015)
- Chairman, Policy and Governance Committee
- Supervisory Committee 1994 – 2007
- Civil Service, NASA/LaRC
- Edward G. Henifin
- Board Member since 2014
- Policy and Governance Committee
- Supervisory Committee
- Volunteer Development Program Committee
- General Manager, Hampton Roads Sanitation District
- Nhu Yeargin
- Volunteer Candidate since 2017
- Administrator, YLS Landscape Contractor