2021 Nominations for Board of Directors
The Nominating Committee has nominated two members to fill two vacancies on the Board of Directors. The Credit Union will not conduct the election by ballot and there will be no nominations from the floor when the number of nominees equals the number of open positions. Additional nominations may be made by petition as follows:
- All members eligible to vote may make nominations for vacancies by petition signed by 1% of the membership with a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 500. (Membership as of 1/1/21 is 284,617).
- Nominations must be accompanied by a brief statement of qualifications, biographical data, and a signed statement from the nominee that he or she is agreeable and will serve if elected.
- To be considered, the nominee’s petition must be received by the Secretary of the Credit Union, at 721 Lakefront Commons, Suite 400, Newport News, VA 23606 by close of business on March 12, 2021.
Nominees for the Board of Directors
- Peter A. Morley, CMSgt. USAF-ret.
- Peter Morley served as Board Chairman from 1998-2002 and has been a Board Member since 1989. He currently serves as a 401(K) Plan Trustee and is Chairman of the CEO Evaluation and Compensation Committee. Pete retired from the Air Force after 30 years of service and the City of Hampton Public Works with over 20 years.
- Audrey B. Douglas-Cooke Ph.D.
- Dr. Douglas-Cooke has been a Board Member since 2018 and currently serves on the CEO Evaluation and Compensation Committee. After 37 years with Sentara Healthcare, Audrey retired in 2019 as the Vice President of Sentara Heart Hospital in Norfolk. She currently works as a consultant for JDOS internationale as a Clinical Healthcare Strategist.