Donation and Sponsorship Requests
Thank you for considering Langley Federal Credit Union for support of your organization, cause or event. We pride ourselves in being a community-oriented organization, and support community events and organizations when possible.
Our goal is to continue to be an integral part of the communities we serve by contributing to organizations that advance the welfare of our membership. Unfortunately, we cannot always meet every request, but will carefully review each one, and consider our available resources to meet the needs of the community.
Langley FCU provided over $555,750 in contributions to 58 Hampton Roads organizations in 2020.
All applications must be submitted online through our grant application program. Applications via mail or email are no longer accepted. Non-profit organizations should include their IRS 501(c)3 determination letter as well as their most recent 990.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis at our quarterly Charitable Giving Committee meetings. Please submit applications at least 12 weeks prior to needing funding.
Online Application Portal
Langley Federal Credit Union will consider the following in granting a charitable contribution:
- Relevancy and impact to a majority of Langley Federal Credit Union Membership
- Fulfillment and benefit to the community at large
- Tax exempt organizations which operate for diverse charitable, recreational, educational and general welfare needs of the community
- Joint activities with groups or associations within our field-of-membership
- Activities that promote the wellbeing of credit unions
Langley Federal Credit Union will not provide sponsorship support for:
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- National organization or organizations that do not directly benefit the communities served by the Credit Union (excludes national emergencies or natural disasters)
- Social outings, parties, alumni banquets, family reunions, after-prom parties or benefit performances (special consideration will be given to businesses/organizations that are within our field-of-membership)
- For-profit organizations requesting donations for employee/associate incentives (special consideration will be given to businesses/organizations which are within our field-of-membership)
- Programs or events held outside our market unless there is a clear benefit to our members
- Individual pursuits or interests
- Individuals with catastrophic health or financial needs
- Requests to cover travel costs
- Telephone solicitations
- Individual sport teams or sport event programs