Welcome Old Dominion University
Credit Union Members
- If you have not received your debit card or checks, or if you have any questions about either, please call the Contact Center at 757-827-5328.
|Account Conversion Timeline||Service
|Monday, November 5||
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is ODUCU Merging with Langley?
- Keeping pace with advances in technology, cybersecurity, and fraud protection is a growing challenge for many small credit unions. ODUCU believes that a merger at this time is necessary to ensure that you and your family are able to benefit from a strong, full-service credit union.
- Who else could ODUCU have merged with?
- After reviewing several larger local credit unions, we felt Langley was the best choice for our members and the organization. Both Langley and ODUCU have rich histories within the Hampton Roads community and share a strong desire to help members reach their financial goals.
- When can I begin using Langley branches, call center and online/mobile banking?
- You are welcome to call Langley with questions at any time, but your Langley account will be ready to use on Monday, November 5.
- Will my account number change?
- We recognize that many of you have had your account(s) for a long period of time and
we tried to make the account number transition easy for you. Your new account number will
be a seven digit account number. We will modify your old account number by adding a 1
and 0's in front of it.
If your current account number is 431: On November 5th, your new number would be 1000431. If your current account number is 5431: On November 5th, your new number would be 1005431.
- What ATMs can I use?
- You can use any Langley ATM. Langley is also part of the AllPoint network. This means you can use over 55,000 surcharge free ATMs.
- How/where do I make a loan payment?
- After your account has been converted to Langley on November 3, you can make payments online, over the phone, or in person at any branch on November 5.
- What kind of checking account will I get? Are there fees?
Your ODUCU Share Draft Account will be converted to Langley's Smart Checking. Smart Checking takes free checking to a whole new level!
- FREE online and mobile banking
- FREE bill pay and eStatements
- Your paycheck direct deposited 1-2 days earlier than other financial institutions
- Access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs
All this with NO minimum balance and NO monthly service charges!
- Do you have telephone banking?
- On November 5, telephone banking will be available and you can access telephone banking by calling 757-827-9434 or 800-233-2819.
- How do I set up telephone banking?
- On November 5, you can set up telephone banking by calling the contact center at 757-827-5328.
- Will the rates on my ODUCU loans (auto, mortgage, home equity, personal and student) change?
- No, the rate on your ODUCU loan does not change during the life of the loan, unless you have a personal loan. If you have any personal loans with ODUCU, they will be transferred over to Langley with no change to your term or your rates unless your rate is above Langley's 18% maximum. If it is above 18%, your rate will decrease to 18%.
- Will the rates on my ODUCU credit card change?
If you have an ODUCU credit card, your ODUCU credit card will continue to be active until March 2019. In March 2019, your existing credit card will transfer over to Langley's VISA® Platinum credit card. You will receive further information on your Langley card prior to March 2019.
Interested in a different credit card?
The Cash Back VISA® earns more cash on what you purchase most often. Cash rewards are applied to your savings account and shown on your statement each month. Use your card every day to earn cash on every purchases.
3%- Back on gas 2% - Back on in-store groceries 1% - Back on all other purchases.
When you apply for this card in a branch, you get your card instantly, so you can start earning CASH BACK on every purchase!
- Will I need new checks and deposit slips?
- We are working to not require reissuance of checks and will have further information coming.
- Will I still be able to get my old ODUCU member statements?
- We are working on the conversion details, more information will come regarding this.
- Will the rates on my certificates change?
- Your ODUCU Share Certificates will continue earning you the same rates. Once your certificates mature, they will roll-over automatically into Langley's certificates of the same term.
- How will my IRA transition?
Your ODUCU IRA Savings Account will convert to Langley's Money Market IRA, earning you a 0.5% APY on your savings.
Your ODUCU IRA Certificate Account will maintain the same rate and term. Once the IRA Certificate matures, it will roll-over into a Langley IRA Certificate with the comparable term.
- Will I get a new debit/credit card?
All ODUCU members will receive a new debit card. Your new Langley debit card can be activated on Monday, November 5, 2018 at 3:00am. Your existing ODUCU debit card will work until 12:00am on November 5, 2018.
You should receive your new Langley debit card by November 2, 2018. Your new Langley debit card will have a different card number.
If you have recurring bill payments set up, remember to notify any merchants of your new card number and expiration date after November 4, 2018.
- Will the current ODUCU branches remain open?
- The branches located in the Webb Center and at Hampton Blvd. are getting spruced up! In order to make these updates, there will be temporary closings of each branch. While the Hampton Blvd. is closed for renovation, the Webb Center and all other Langley branches, will be open for business. The Webb Center branch will be open on November 5, 2018. The Hampton Blvd. branch will close on November 5, 2018 for renovations. We are certain you will appreciate the improvements made at these branches! Please check this webpage for more detailed information concerning the temporary closures of these branches.
- Will existing ODUCU personnel remain with Langley?
- Langley is pleased to invite all ODUCU employees to become Langley employees and enjoy all of the competitive benefits Langley offers.
- What will the hours of operation be?
- The branch hours will be:
Monday - Wednesday 9am - 5pm Thursday & Friday 9am - 6pm Saturday 9am - 3pm
- Does Langley have a call center?
- Yes, we do. You can reach our contact center by calling
757-827-5328 or 800-826-7490.
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm Saturday 8:30am - 1:00pm
- How do I register for online banking?
- To set up online banking, after the conversion on November 5, please click here to register and create your login user name. You will need to have your member number, social security number, date of birth, and the zip code associated with the account to get started. We hope you'll find our electronic statements, online bill pay, remote deposit, and personal financial management tool easy and convenient to use..
- Does Langley have a mobile app? Android? iOS?
- Yes, we do offer easy mobile access to your account information. Simply download the app from either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store to install the latest version of Langley's mobile banking. Use your online banking Username and Password to log in and you're ready to go. From there, you will be able to see your account balances, transfer money, pay bills and deposit checks. It's great to be on-the-go with Langley's mobile banking.